Prior to the beginning of the series, Ikki Kurogane created seven original sword techniques (秘剣 hiken) that he revealed throughout the battles. Out of the seven original sword techniques, six of them have been revealed, as well as an improvised eighth one.
- Saigeki (犀撃, lit. "Rhinoceros Strike") The first secret sword technique, is a charging attack in which Ikki uses his superhuman body control to focus the power of vector in his entire body to a single point, and is considered an anti-materiel sword technique. Although at first Ittou Shura is needed in order to use this technique, after learning Edelweiss's techniques Ikki is able to use Saigeki without entering it first.
- Rekkou (裂甲, lit. "Rend Armor"): After receiving an enemy's blow, Ikki uses this technique with the same philosophy as One-Inch Punch to make an explosive point-blank counter-slash.
- Madoka (円, lit. "Circle"): Ikki receives the enemy's blow but instead of redirecting the force behind him, he makes a circular motion and redirects the force back to the attacker. The technique is especially effective against opponents with strong attacks. During the final Match of the Seven Star Festival against Stella, Ikki evolves it mid match, using the broad back muscle (latissimus dorsi) to transfer the force into his next strike. Stella notes that in order for this to happen, his muscles had to be as loose as jelly, even looser than normal. Even a moment of stiffness would cause his muscles to explode from the force being redirected.
- Shinkirou (蜃気狼, lit. "Mirage Wolf"): The fourth secret sword technique, with radical footwork Ikki creates an afterimage before himself while running to confuse the distance between him and his opponent.
- Not yet revealed
- Dokuga-no-tachi (毒蛾ノ太刀, lit. "Poisonous Moth's Long Sword"): The sixth secret sword technique of Ikki’s own original sword skills. While sending out a sword slash, by consecutively contracting the muscles, a shockwave is emitted in that interval which is transmitted through the opponent’s weapon and into them. It’s able to pass through armor and into the opponent’s interior if the opponent is holding a sword in their hand, the arm that has been made numb will be forced to drop the weapon.
- Raikou (雷光, lit. "Lightning"): The seventh and the fastest of Ikki's own original sword technique, Raikou is a slash swung in a speed that exceeds a human's dynamic vision by far making it look as if it was an invisible slash. However, after learning Edelweiss's Swordplay, his reflexes and speed are fast enough to able to use this without using Ittou Shura.
The Final Secret Sword（終の秘剣）Edit
Oikage (追影, lit. "Seeking Shadow"): A technique Ikki improvised in order to defeat Stella at the end of their duel in the final match in the Seven Star festival. After breaking the chains of fate binding him, Ikki put all that extra magical energy into Ittou Rasetsu, and chose the fastest maneuver he knew of: "Quick-draw". This technique is so fast that Stella was able to see an anomaly, as Ikki's shadow couldn't catch up to his movements.